1 bag (340g.) Pie & Pasta Blend
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ cup black onyx cocoa
1/4 cup dutch cocoa
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon gluten-free vodka, like Tito’s
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 gallon vanilla ice cream (or any devilish flavor you adore)
Putting it Together //
1. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all the dry ingredients, mixing on the lowest setting to combine.
2. Add the diced butter and mix on the lowest setting until you can no longer see any large clumps of butter, about 5 minutes.
3. Increase the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs, brown rice syrup, vodka, and vanilla. Mix on high until the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl and the paddle.
4. Dust the counter with glutinous rice flour. Transfer the dough to the counter with a pastry scraper, being sure to remove any extra dough from the paddle.
5. Knead the dough just until smooth, 5-7 turns. Shape into a disk and wrap in cellophane. Refrigerate overnight.
6. The next day, preheat oven to 400°F; line two cookie sheets with parchment.
7. Again dust the counter with glutinous rice flour and roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
8. Using a scalloped 3 ½ inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out your sandwich ends.
9. Dock the top of the dough with several holes for ventilation and to prevent air bubbles from forming.
10. Repeat until all the dough is used.
11. Bake for 5 minutes, rotate and bake for 5 minutes more.
12. To form your ice cream sandwiches, scoop 1 cup slightly soft ice cream onto one of the sandwich ends, then top with another.
13. Using an offset spatula, smooth the sides of the sandwiches to make the ice cream flush with the cookies. Wrap in cellophane and freeze until ready to serve or eat right away.
Makes 18 sandwiches
photo by Knoxy
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly