When I had "tea" for the first time; that is proper English tea in a tea cup, not sun tea from Texas; I had it with a single shortbread cookie and I pretty much understood the pairing instantly. The shortbread reflected the layers of flavors in the tea and the tea reflected the flavor of butter onto the tea. It was beautiful and it was delicious.
3 ½ cups + 3 tablespoons (440g.) Cookie Jar Blend
1 cup (125g.) powdered sugar
½ cup + 3 tablespoons (138g.) light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups (454g.) unsalted butter, diced
2 egg whites (56g.)
Add paragraph text here.
Putting it Together //
1. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugars, salt, and the butter until smooth.
2. Add the egg whites and whip until very smooth.
3. Add the Cookie Jar blend and mix until very thick.
4. Turn onto a counter that has been dusted with glutinous rice flour and knead until smooth.
5. Knead into a round and wrap in plastic.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then lightly knead and roll out to a thickness of 1/3”.
7. Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
8. Cut out 2 ¼” rounds and bake at 325⁰ for 4 minutes, rotate, and bake for another 4 minutes. The shortbreads should have a very pale golden edge.
Makes 72 cookies.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly