2 ¼ cups (270g.) Blackbird Bakery Biscuit Blend
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons (56g.) unsalted butter; frozen, then grated
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
Putting it Together //
1. Preheat oven to 425 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
2. In a larger mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the grated and frozen butter. Using your fingertips, crumble the butter into the dry ingredients.
4. Add the milk and the egg and mix with a spoon until thick. Use your finger to remove the dough that is sticking to the spoon.
5. Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes in the fridge.
6. Dust your counter with glutinous rice flour.
7. Lightly knead the dough (literally just a couple of turns, then form into a circle.
8. Using a rolling pin or the palm of your hand, roll or press out the biscuit dough just until 1" thick.
9. Cut out your biscuits with a 3" biscuit cutter. Arrange in the middle of your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes and the biscuits are just barely golden on top.
Serve with salted butter and preserves.
photo by Knoxy
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly